Friday, September 27, 2013

I Love Lime Green!

There is just something about an acid lime green that I love. Maybe it is the way that it looks against my skin or eye color, but whatever it is, I always feel super cool when I wear it. I paired it with double top liner in black and purple to complement the green.
Eyes
1. Prime the eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion then use a matte white pencil or cream shadow as a base all over the lid to make the white shadows stand out.
2. Take a matte white eyeshadow and place it all over the lid and up to the eyebrow.
3. Blend a matte charcoal gray into the crease and follow the socket line to give dimension to the eye.
4. Take a black liquid liner, my favorite is Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner in 'Trooper', and line the upper lash line, flicking it out into a cat-eye shape.
5. Trace above the black liner with a purple liquid liner, I used one by NYX.
6. Place a silver glitter, mine is a Sephora Collection Glitter eyeliner (you must absolutely go check these out, they are one of my all time favorite Sephora products) on the inner corner of the upper eyelid for contrast against the matte shadows.
7. Take a lime green eyeshadow and blend a thick, blown out line under the bottom lashes, connecting the color to the inner and outer corners of the eye.
8. Line the bottom waterline with a white pencil to make the green stand out even more.
9. Add mascara and then add false lashes to the outer corners of the eyes to make them appear more almond shaped.
10. Finish by filling in the brows where needed to frame the eyes, I used my trusty Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash.

Face
Foundation: Illamasqua Skinbase applied with Beauty Blender
Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear applied with Beauty Blender
Powder: MUFE HD Translucent Powder
Under Eye Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder 'Ethereal Light' (a new holy grail item for me)
Blush: Hard Candy Living Doll
Bronzer: Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess
Highlight: Laura Mercier in 'Highlight 01'

Lips
Illamasqua matte lipstick in 'Fable'

No comments:

Post a Comment