Today I partnered with the talented Deanna Mackenzie of Asanda Spa in Manhattan to bring you this super cute and easy-to-achieve hair tutorial.
Deanna is a Senior Stylist at Asanda and has been in the hair industry for eleven years! She specializes in coloring, styling and cutting, and if you're looking for a fresh & modern short style, there is no one else you should turn to! Deanna says: "Being greatly influenced by both my mom and my sister, I had a love for hair at an early age. Lucky for me, I was able to pursue it as a career that I absolutely love. Doing hair for me is one of the many outlets that I'm able to express creativity."
Read on for the instructions, and follow Deanna on instagram: @colorcreatedesign
1. Create an ear to ear headband parting & clip away back center hair.
2. Grab hair from front sides, pull back and tie into a knot.
3. Let clipped hair down
4. Grab hair from sides and tie another knot on top of the hair just let down.
5. Tuck and secure ends underneath with a Bobby pin or hair pin.
6. Finish with Aveda Air Control for light to moderate hold or Aveda Control Force for a strong hold and humidity defense.
What are your favorite effortless summer hairstyles?