Thursday, September 26, 2013

End of Summer Rainbow Eyes

I know that it's fall and I'm supposed to be wearing warm, rich hues, but I love brightly colored shadows way too much to leave them behind with the summertime! I combined random single shadows that I had collected over the years, but I linked an actual palette as a suggestion, just in case you don't have lots of rainbow colors lying around.






































This colorful combination reminded me of the tropics with gorgeous exotic flowers and crystalline waters. It was nice to pretend it was still summertime even though I was wrapped up in a sweater! A tip for rainbow makeup would be to use shades that are more matte. They will show up more vibrantly than their sparkly counterparts.






























Eyes
1. Prime eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion
2. Place a bright yellow shadow in the inner corner of the upper eyelid, I used one from MUFE.
3. Place a hot pink shade on the center of the upper eyelid and blend softly into the yellow. I used one from Urban Decay.
4. Take a purple and place it in the outer corner of the upper lid, blending it into the crease as well as into the pink shadow.
5. Use a lime green pencil on the inner corner of the lower lash line and set it with a similar colored shadow, then repeat the same liner-set-with-shadow process for the teal green and the dark blue. I used Urban Decay pencils and shadows for this.
6. I then lined my lower waterline with a bright blue pencil and added mascara and a sharp liquid winged liner on the top lid.
7. Finish the look by adding large false lashes, mine are Sephora lashes in 'Mink' and fill in your brows where needed to add a frame for your eyes. I used my beloved Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Brown.

Face
Foundation: Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse
Concealer: Mac Pro Longwear Concealer
Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
Blush: Hard Candy Living Doll
Bronzer: Chanel Soleil de Tan 
Highlight: Laura Mercier in 'Highlight 01'

Lips
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Darling'

***

I think that the Make Up For Ever Technicolor Palette is a nice option for creating rainbow eyes. You basically have every color you need except for the pink, and you can use a blush for that. If you are looking to duplicate this with drugstore items, I would check out the Wet n' Wild shadows as they usually have fun,  unexpected colors.




No comments:

Post a Comment