Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Sponge Changed My Life...

Or maybe just my Makeup Routine... either way, it's kind of a big deal. The Beauty Blender. I know you all have heard of it, and heard of it and heard of it. I myself was quite skeptical that a little pink egg shaped sponge could make my foundation look THAT much better, I thought I was doing just fine with my brushes or even my fingers sometimes. I halfway gave in to the hype last year and bought a knock off beauty blender from Walgreens, which I hated by the way. It flaked and left little pieces of pink foam all over my face and it ate up all of my foundation. I couldn't justify spending gjggjkjgj on the real sponge, but now I get it. It works, and it delivers beautiful results.

So how did I fall in love with this little guy after swearing never to try one again? I was finishing my shift at Sephora and I needed to purchase a few items for myself. So I grabbed my Benefit 'Stay Don't Stray' (I use it beneath my under eye concealer) and headed into the cashwrap. The 'Beauty to Go' section is there for a reason, and as I was waiting in line I perused the little boxes filled with shiny new makeup products. I spotted the solid cleanser for the Beauty Blender and thought I would try it to clean my brushes. I had tried the Sephora and Mac brush cleansers in the past and was not satisfied with their performance but I needed to deep clean my brushes as I had a few wedding trials coming up. So I brought it up to the register as well and pulled out my wallet. One of the managers stopped me and asked in a surprised voice why I was buying the cleanser. I told her I was going to give a try and she told me that we already got it in gratis. I hadn't received mine yet so she brought out a bag with my name on it filled with new products to try. Inside, among other things, were the Beauty Blender and the solid cleanser, and that brings us back to present day. 

Except my perceived dislike of the Beauty Blender held me up from using it for a few weeks... and this was after I got it for FREE. I just thought I would hate it like before. I used the cleanser in my brushes right away and I really liked it, but the pink egg sat in the bag untouched. This morning I finally decided to try it with my Illamasqua Skin Base foundation (I didn't completely love the results with the brush) and I was blown away. Perfect, and I mean perfect skin. I actually said 'wow' to myself in the mirror, the texture was perfect and the coverage was to die for. 
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation applied with the Beauty Blender

You just run it under the sink, squeeze out the excess water and bounce it along your face for completely customized coverage. It also takes seconds, literally. Use the larger round side for the face, and the smaller pointy side for under the eyes and for concealing blemishes. I did my foundation with it, and then I took my Mac Pro Longwear Concealer and bounced that right under my eyes. It was perfect. So perfect that I wish I could send you all your own Beauty Blender right now! Go check it out, and get the cleanser too, because without it, they can be tricky to get clean. 5 stars for sure, and I will absolutely repurchase it. A tutorial on this look is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment