Sunday, September 15, 2013

Vampy Eyes and Berry Lips

Even though green is one of my favorite colors of clothing, I rarely wear it on my eyes and I wanted to start incorporating it more often into my makeup. So I created this look around the jewel tone colors of fall while using a dark forest green as my starting point.


Eyes 
I primarily used the Smashbox Master Class II palette for this look but you can use any shadows you have. You will just need dark green, dark purple, gold and some sort of highlighting shade. 

1. Apply eyeshadow primer and trace out the shape of the crease with a soft matte brown so it can be your blending color.
2. Then blend a deep forest green into the crease, outer 'v' and inner socket to create dramatic definition while avoiding the first half of the eye. 
3. Place a shimmery gold shadow into the empty space in the inner half of the eye and blend it into the green.
4. Deepen the outer 'v' with a matte eggplant purple shade.
5. Use a black liquid liner on the top lash line (I like Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Liner in 'Trooper')
6. Line under the eyes with the gold shadow on the inner half and the forest green shadow on the outer half.
6. Finish off the eyes with mascara, I used Guerlain 'Cils d'Enfer' and glue on rhinestones with clear eyelash glue.

Face
Foundation: Make Up For Ever Face and Body in shades 20 & 38
Concealer: Guerlain issima precious light smoothing illuminator in 'Rose 00'
Face Powder: MUFE HD Translucent Setting Powder
Under Eye Powder: Bare Minerals finishing veil
Blush: from the Smashbox palette, shades 'Geranium' & 'Warm Apricot'
Bronzer: Chanel Soleil de Tan
Highlighter: Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder compact 'Highlight 01'

Lips
Sephora lipliner in 'Brilliant Berry'
Bite lipstick in 'Cassis'

No comments:

Post a Comment