Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fun Makeup for Brown Eyes


I was on Pinterest a few nights ago and came across this cool image. It was titled 'Perfect Makeup for Brown Eyes' and it immediately caught my eye because it wasn't the usual colors used to enhance brown eyes. The next morning I went through my makeup stash and pulled out similar items to re-create this look. Because I didn't have too many orange shadows, I used blushes, which I think worked out very well. I have used this bright blue shadow before in combination with softer shades of grays here, and I think that this blue is the magic color in this combination for bringing out brown eyes.


Eyes:
Take a light, warm, neutral shadow, I used number (1) from the Smashbox palette, and sweep it along the lid and up to the brow bone for a nice base color. Build warm orange-peach tones, colors (2) and (3), into the crease to create dimension. Carefully pat the bright blue shade from the Maybelline palette onto the lid, focusing most of the color on the inner half of the eye. On a pencil brush, take a dark matte brown, number (4) from the Smashbox palette, and deepen the outer corner of the eye. Line the bottom lash line and waterline with a bright blue pencil, the one I used is discontinued but you can find a similar one here. Set the pencil liner with the same Maybelline blue shadow, and finish off the eyes with mascara and black winged liner on the top lid. I used Bobbi Brown Gel Liner and Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara.


Face:
Foundation: Urban Decay Naked Skin
Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
Bronzer: Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess
Blush: Blushes (2) and (3) from the Smashbox palette
Highlight: Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked powder in #01

Lips:
To finish off the look, I swiped on some bright orange gloss from Dior Addict in #542.



No comments:

Post a Comment