Monday, December 2, 2013

Party Time Eyes (Teal and Purple)

I recently saw Jaclyn Hill create this look on Youtube and I thought it was a really cool color combination. At the time I didn't own the Too Faced palette that she used, so I used some colors from my Urban Decay Vice Palette. This combo looks the best on brown eyes and it's an easy way to try out some color without dipping into crazy neons.




























Eyes
1. Prime the eyes to ensure long lasting, intense color payoff and prevent creasing. I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. Use a light purple shadow through the crease and blend it up towards the browbone, I used 'rapture'.
3. Take a teal eyeliner pencil and smudge it onto the lid to create a base for the teal shadow. Blend this slightly into the purple shadow so there are no harsh lines.
4. Take a teal shadow and densely pack it onto the eyelid over the pencil, I used 'unhinged'. Make sure you blend it into the purple shade that is already on the lid.
5. Take a darker purple shadow and blend it into the crease, following the socket line inwards. I used 'vice'.
6. Line the top lashline with black liner. I didn't flick it into a cat-eye because I wanted the focus to be on the shadows.
7. Place some glitter on the inner corner of the eyelids for a pop of sparkle and color. I used my Sephora Glitter Liner & Mascara in 'Sweetheart Pink'.
8. Line the waterline and outer half of the bottom lash line with the same teal pencil and set it with the teal shadow. Place the glitter liner on the inner half of the lower lashline and slightly overlap it into the teal.
9. Add mascara and false lashes if you like them. I stacked two pairs together to get the fanned out look.
10. Finish the look by filling in any sparse areas in the brows. I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Medium Ash'.

Face
Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow
Concealer: Mac Pro-Longwear 
Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in 'Ethereal'
Blush: Hard Candy 'Living Doll'
Bronzer: Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess
Highlight: Laura Mercier in 'Highlight 01'

Lips
Dior Addict Lipstick #253

No comments:

Post a Comment