Monday, December 23, 2013

Gumdrops & Lollipops

Soft shades of pink, green and cream remind me of the swirled lollipops and pastel gumdrops that decorate Christmas Gingerbread houses. Indulge yourself and satisfy your sweet tooth with this pretty, sugar-y makeup look this holiday season. I used shades from my Too Faced  'A Few of my Favorite Things' palette, as well as my absolute favorite lipstick of all time; a YSL Rouge Volupte Shine. This lipstick formula is incredible, super hydrating, shiny yet long lasting, plus they taste like jolly ranchers! I plan to pick up a few more colors so I can wear one with any look!







































Eyes
1. Blend a light brown shadow (I used Chocolate Milk) into the crease and outer corner of the lid.
2. Place a matte pink shadow (I used 'Taffy') all over the lid and blend it into the crease. 
3. Take a sparkly pink shadow (I used Coquet) and place it on the center of the lid to add dimension.
4. Take a shimmery white color (I used 'Snowflakes') and place it on the inner corners of the eyes. 
5. Place a matte white shadow (I used 'Cream Colored Ponies') under the brow bone to lift the eyes. 
6. Line the top lash line with a black liquid liner and then trace around the black liner with a light pink. I used my Kat Von D Tattoo liner in 'Trooper' and my NYX Studio Liquid Liner in 'Extreme Pink'.
7. Add mascara and false lashes if you wish. I didn't use any for this look because I wanted the two-toned liner to show up better.
8. Run a light silvery green shadow (I used Tinsel) along the bottom lash line from inner corner to outer corner.
9. Finish the look by filling in any sparse areas of the brow, I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Medium Ash'.

Face
Foundation: Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish
Concealer: Benefit Stay Don't Stray & Mac Pro-Longwear
Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Blush: Nars Guy Bourdin Palette (bright pink shade)
Bronzer: Estee Lauder in 'Bronze Goddess'
Highlight: Laura Mercier in 'Highlight 01'

Lips
Lipstick: Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine in #5
Lipgloss: Bobbi Brown Brightening Lipgloss in 'Pink 1'

No comments:

Post a Comment