Friday, December 20, 2013

Classic Christmas

When I hear 'christmas makeup' I automatically think full, creamy red lips and black eyeliner. To me, this look is a classy way to celebrate the holiday season. This look can suit anyone, and it's relatively simple to recreate. You can wear it with a fancy little black dress or with something cozy and casual. I added a pop of gold glitter on the inner corners to make it more festive, but you can absolutely skip that step to keep it toned down.



Eyes
1. Prime the eyes to ensure crease-proof, long lasting, pigmented shadow application.
2. Blend a light brown shadow into the crease and outer edge of the eye to add shape and definition.
3. Place a sparkly champagne color all over the lid and blend it slightly into the brown.
4. Lightly shade the outer 'v' of the eye with a dark brown shadow, making sure to blend it in well.
5. Line the top lash line in black, I used my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in 'Trooper' but you can even use a black pencil for this look if you don't feel comfortable with liquid.
6. Place gold glitter on the inner corners of the eye for some festive sparkle. I used my Sephora Glitter Liner & Mascara in 'VIP Gold'.
7. Take a shimmery white shadow and place it all along the lower lash line.
8. Add mascara and apply false lashes for a pop of drama.
9. Finish the look by filling in any sparse areas of the brows, I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Medium Ash'.

Face
Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow
Concealer: Benefit Stay Don't Stray & Mac Pro-Longwear
Powder: Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder
Blush: Mary Kay Velvet Mousse Cheek Color in 'Rosy'
Highlight: Laura Mercier in 'Highlight 01'

Lips
Lipstick: Bite Luminous Creme lipstick in 'Tannin'
Lipliner: Illamasqua Medium Pencil in 'Severe'

No comments:

Post a Comment