Saturday, December 28, 2013

Ice Maiden

New Year's Eve is the perfect time to channel your inner ice maiden, especially with freezing weather recently! This look is soft yet bold and it will look absolutely gorgeous on brown eyes. I kept the blending and the eyeliner very soft to add more of a delicacy to the vibrant colors. Then throw on a pretty silver or sequined dress and you are ready for any party!


























Eyes
1. Prime the eyes to ensure long lasting, crease proof, intense color. I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. Lay down cream bases to make the eyeshadows more vibrant. (I find it necessary to use a colored base under light shadows like white and silver to make them show up). I used my Maybelline Color Tattoo in '05 Too Cool' as my white cream base on the inner half of the lid and my Illamasqua Liquid Metal in 'Superior' as my dark blue base on the outer half on the lid. Smudge in the bases to make them look soft and blown out.
3. Pat a medium toned blue eyeshadow over the lid avoiding only the outermost and innermost corners of the lid. I used my L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in '222 Infinite Sky'.
4. Use a shimmery silver shadow on the inner corners of the eye to add brightness. I used #60 from the Sephora Collection.
5. Place a dark blue shimmery shadow on the outer corners of the eye and blend it softly into the crease and into the lighter blue. I used a pigment called 'Alluvium' by Illamasqua.
6. Line the upper lash line with a dark blue pencil and smudge it into the eyeshadows to soften the line. I used a kohl pencil by Lancome called 'Black Lapis'
7. Highlight the browbone with a matte white color to lift the eyes.
8. Line the lower lashline with a white pencil and set it with the same silver eyeshadow.
9. Place a liquid glitter over the liner and eye shadow to add sparkle. I used NYX 'Crystal Hip'.
10. Place a tiny bit of silver glitter on the inner corners of the eye to add some icy sparkle. I used my Sephora Glitter Liner & Mascara in 'Sassy Silver'
11. Add black mascara to the top lashes only, then use a white lash primer on the bottom lashes to mimic falling snow, I used one by L'oreal.
12. Fill in any sparse areas within the brows to frame the eyes and finish the look. I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Medium Ash'.

Face
Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow
Concealer: Benefit Stay Don't Stray & Mac Pro-Longwear
Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Blush: Hard Candy 'Living Doll'
Bronzer: Estee Lauder in 'Bronze Goddess'
Highlight: Laura Mercier in 'Highlight 01'

Lips
Lipstick: Bare Escentuals Marvelous Moxie in 'Speak Your Mind'
Lipgloss: Bobbi Brown Brightening Lipgloss in 'Pink 1'

No comments:

Post a Comment