Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Teal Eyes


I was at work last week when one of our lovely Stila representatives, Stephanie Mesmer of Beauty Excel, came into Sephora. She had the most gorgeous eyeshadow look comprised of teals, greens and blues. I loved how vibrant the colors were and I knew I had to try it on myself. A few days later a friend said I could play around with her new Motives and Sugarpill eyeshadows (which I have been dying to try) and I immediately created my own variation of Stephanie's look.






























Because I was testing out brand new shadows, I used a little bit from each brand. You definitely don't need to use as many colors as I did to recreate this look, but I was way too excited to try them that I couldn't leave any out.


Eyes
1. Prime the eyelids to ensure long wearing, vibrant, crease proof shadow application, I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion. I also used the scotch tape trick to keep the winged edge of my eyeshadow super crisp.
2. Apply a green liner as a base to make the colors look deep and vibrant, I used my Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencil liner in 'Deep End'.
3. Blend a medium brown shadow into the crease to add definition, I used 'In the Buff' by Motives. Deepen the crease with a gray shadow and blend upwards, I used 'Cosmic' by Motives. Add the tiniest bit of black shadow to the outermost corner, I used 'Bulletproof' by Sugarpill.
4. Press a bright, matte teal shadow onto the lid avoiding the outer corner, I used 'Midori' by Sugarpill. Darken the outer corner with a deeper matte teal, I used 'Mochi' by Sugarpill.
5. Run a pearly teal color over the matte teals, I used 'Instyle' by Motives.
6. Trace the inner corner of your lid with white pencil to serve as a base, then place a white & pearly blue shadow overtop. I used a mix of 'Crystal Blue' and 'Mykonos Blue' by Motives and a bit of 'Tako' and 'Afterparty' by Sugarpill (I used way more colors than you actually NEED for this step).
7. Place some glitter over the eyeshadow near the center of the lid. I used my Sephora Glitter Eyeliner & Mascara in 'Mystic Teal'.
8. Line your upper lashline with a black liquid liner, I used my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in 'Trooper'.
9. Highlight the browbone to lift the eye, I used a sheer dusting of 'Vanilla' by Motives and 'Tako' by Sugarpill.
10. Add mascara and wispy false lashes for extra drama.
11. Line the bottom lashline with a white liner to serve as a base for the colorful shadows. I used a combination of 'Crystal Blue' and 'Mykonos Blue' by Motives for the inner corner, 'Acidberry' by Sugarpill in the middle and 'Mochi' by Sugarpill for the outer corner.
12. Place three tiny green dots underneath the edge of each wing. I used my NYX Studio Liquid Liner in 'Extreme Green'.
13. Finish the look by filling in the brows, I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Medium Ash'.

Face
Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow
Concealer: Mac Pro-Longwear
Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Blush: Nars Deep Throat
Bronzer: Nars Laguna
Highlight: Laura Mercier Baked Highlight in '01'

Lips
Lipliner: Palladio in 'Nearly Nude'
Lipstick: Mac 'Modesty'
Lipgloss: Benefit 'Sugarbomb'
















1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely stunning! Wow one of my faves for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete