Monday, January 20, 2014

Becca's "The One Perfecting Brush" - Review + Florida Photos




I just got back from an awesome week vacationing in Florida with my boyfriend and some friends where we got to see the everglades as well as the keys. We hiked through mangroves, kayaked through an overgrown, smelly, but beautiful swamp, and snorkeled in wonderfully warm waters where we saw a huge moray eel, some barracudas, a goliath grouper and a green sea turtle. It was an amazing time and I'd love to visit Florida again!


When you go on a trip, you don't want to bring very much with you, especially if you are traveling by plane, so I though it would be the perfect time to try out my Becca 'The One Perfecting Brush'. Priced at $49 it is made from non-porus goat hair (cruelty-free) and it's supposed to take the place of ten face brushes to apply everything from liquids to powders to creams without having to clean it between each step. Hoping it would work, the only brushes that I brought with me were two eye brushes (one to shade and one to blend) and this Becca brush.



Because the trip was very outdoorsy, the only makeup I wore during the day was this Shiseido sunscreen spf 43 that had a bit of a tint to it, which I would highly recommend. But for the evenings, I brought some little samples of things I had been wanting to test run. Most ended up being Becca products as I like to test out a new tool with items from their own line, but I also knew that all Becca cosmetics were supposed to be very resistant to water, sweat and heat. 

The brush applied my Make Up For Ever Face & Body foundation (it is waterproof, sweatproof, lightweight and looks like skin) really nicely and left a light, even coverage on my skin. The best way to apply it is with stippling motions and then blend it out in long, sweeping strokes. I used my fingers to apply my under-eye concealer because I felt like the large bristles would irritate under my eyes. For bronzer I tried out my sample of Becca's Bronzing Skin Perfector, which was a really pretty liquid bronzer. On an everyday basis I think I would still prefer my powder bronzer for a more precise contour, but this liquid gave me a very pretty, beachy glow. I applied it the same way as my foundation and it lasted the evening. For blush I tested out samples of Becca's Beach Tints in 'Guava' and 'Lychee' and they were AMAZING! I applied them in the same motion that I did for my foundation and bronzer and they blended like a dream. I also applied them as my lip color and topped it with some gloss, they smelled divine and the color lasted through dinner and drinks until I removed my makeup at the end of the night. 

I haven't cleaned the brush yet, but I wore makeup 3 of the 7 nights I was there and I didn't have a problem between applications with colors ending up in the wrong places on my face. When you are ready to clean it, Becca recommends that you use something very gentle like a baby shampoo so as to not damage the natural bristles.

All in all, it was a very handy tool to have and I will certainly bring it on any future trips.

anole earring (yes it is alive), baby crocodile, kayaking, alligator

florida panther crossing, baby alligator, the glades, my first palm tree

snorkeling, goliath grouper, barracuda, tarpon feeding









***I received my brush for free as gratis from a Becca representative while working as an employee at Sephora. All opinions and statements are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment