Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Candy Hearts

I put together a soft, romantic look for a different take on Valentine's Day makeup. It would look perfect with a flirty pink dress or with a casual jeans and t-shirt combo. I have a bunch of Valentine's tutorials planned for you guys this week, so keep an eye out!



























Eyes
1. Prime the lids to ensure long lasting, crease proof, intense color payoff. I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. Draw a light pink base onto the whole lid to intensify the colors of the shadows that will go overtop. I used a Caviar Stick by Laura Mercier, but I believe the color was limited edition.
3. Pat a light pink shadow all over the lid, concentrating the most color in the center.
4. Place a shimmery cream color on the inner corners of the eyes to open them up.
5. Lightly blend a purple/taupe shade into the crease to add depth and definition.
6. Add black liquid liner to the top lashline. I used my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in 'Trooper'.
7. Add mascara and false lashes if you choose. I think lashes make this look fun and flirty.
8. Place a bit of a shimmery cream color on the inner corners of the bottom lashline and draw a purple pencil along the outer half before setting it with a vibrant purple shadow.
9. Finish the look by filling in the brows, I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Medium Ash'.

Face
Foundation: Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation
Concealer: Benefit Stay Don't Stray & Mac Pro-longwear
Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Blush: Nars Guy Bourdin Blush Palette, hot pink shade.
Bronzer: Nars Laguna
Highlight: Laura Mercier in 'Highlight 01'

Lips
Lipstick: YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #5

2 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous!!!! Which pink shadow is on the lid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 'Taffy' from the Too Faced Palette. Pretty much all of the colors in this look are from that palette :)

      Delete