Monday, November 11, 2013

Soft Pink Eyes (Guest Artist)


A few days ago I got my makeup done by my amazing and beautiful friend Jennie. We work together at Sephora and I've always admired her makeup style. It was so much fun to be sitting in the makeup chair instead of working behind it, and the experience made me see my own features very differently. She did my makeup in a way that I never would have thought to do, which is helpful as a makeup artist because it keeps on your toes. It's so easy to slip into the same pattern or style when doing your own makeup but having it done by someone else really spices up your vision. She did my whole face with the Too Faced: A Few of my Favorite Things palette.



This palette would make an amazing holiday gift for someone 
who likes to experiment with color!












                                               



















1. Prime the eyes to ensure long lasting, intense color and prevent creasing. Jennie used the Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. She laid 'taffy' all over the lid and extended the color past the outer corners of my eye to make them more elongated.
3. She then placed 'coquet' on the roundest center part of my eyelid to highlight it. This color is amazing, neither Jennie or I can get over it! 
4. She layered 'chocolate milk', 'bluff', and 'dark chocolate' into the crease to build up intensity and definition.
5. She highlighted my browbone with 'cream colored ponies' and then blended it into the darker crease colors.
6. She lined my eyes with the Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner and extended the inner corners for a more arabic inspired look. 
7. She placed 'tinsel' along my lower lashline for some extra sparkle.
8. Finish the look by adding mascara. We used the Too Faced 'Better Than Sex' mascara that came with the palette.

Face
Foundation: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation
Concealer: Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
Blush: Too Faced 'Raindrops on Roses' (from palette)
Bronzer: Too Faced 'Chocolate Soleil' (from palette)
Highlight: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in 'Diffused Light'

Lips
Lipstick: Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy in 'Cool Guava'


***

Here are some of Jennie's past Halloween looks: 


No comments:

Post a Comment