Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Green & Gold Eyes

My extra discount at Sephora just kicked in, so of course I had to pick up some of our new and amazing holiday goodies! I got a few palettes (I used the Too Faced 'A Few of my Favorite Things' palette for this eye look), as well as some single items which have been so fun to test out! Let me know if you want a haul or mini-reviews on what I purchased so you can have an idea what's worth it this season. And if my skin looks super glowy in these photos it's because of some of those new items! I'm completely in love with them, especially the the Hourglass Ambient powders and Rose Gold powder from Becca.



























Eyes
1. Prime the eyes to ensure long-lasting, intense color. I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. Take a light brown eyeshadow and blend it into the crease to get a soft, blown-out base to follow your other eyeshadows with.
3. Trace the light brown with a forest green eyeshadow. Blend this color into the crease, outer corner and inner corner of the eye, but don't get it onto the center of the lid.
4. Place a gold shimmery eyeshadow on the center of the lid and blend it out into the darker colors. You can layer gold glitter on top of it like I did if you want it to look more festive. I used my Sephora Glitter Liner & Mascara in 'VIP Gold'.
5. Take a deep plum shadow and blend it very lightly into the outer edge of the crease for definition.
6. Line your top lashline with black liquid liner and add mascara and false lashes if you like them.
7. Line the bottom lashline with purple liner and set it with purple shadow.
8. Highlight the browbone with a matte cream/white color to lift the eyes and break up the darkness of the rest of the shadows. 
9. Finish the look by filling in any sparse areas of the brows. I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Medium Ash'.


Face
Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow
Concealer: Benefit Stay Don't Stray & Mac Pro-Longwear
Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. I set under my eyes with 'Incandescent' and my face with a mix of 'Dim' and 'Incandescent'
Blush: Nars 'Orgasm' topped with Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector in 'Rose Gold'
Bronzer: Nars 'Laguna'
Highlight: Laura Mercier in 'Highlight 01'

Lips
Nars Velvet Gloss lip pencil in 'New Lover'
Mac lipstick in 'Viva Glam IV'
Nars matte lipstick in 'Peloponnese' (limited edition)


***Make sure to enter my makeup giveaway! So far only 10 people entered correctly, so there is still a huge chance that YOU could be the winner! Only one week left! Details are in my previous post.***

No comments:

Post a Comment