Saturday, November 23, 2013

Fiery Fall Eyes

I know fall is coming to an end and winter is just around the corner, but it's not Thanksgiving yet, so I can throw in one more fall inspired look! I used Stila's 10 Pan Eyeshadow Palette, and I am so in love with the colors and pigmentation. Unfortunately it's discontinued from Stila and Sephora, I found mine at Nordstrom Rack (thanks Anna for telling me about N.R.) but I did find this one listed on Ebay. I would definitely recommend snatching it up if you can, it is even listed at a discounted price!



























Eyes
1. Prime the eyes to ensure long lasting, intense color and prevent creasing. I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. Take a matte, medium brown eyeshadow and run it through the socket line, blending and feathering it out to give yourself a soft guideline to follow with the brighter colors. 
3. Take a bright, yellowy-gold shade and place it onto the inner third of the eyelid, follow with a copper-orange shade on the center of the lid, and a rusty-red on the outer third.
4. Lightly blend those three shades together towards the browbone, softening the color as you go.
5. Define the crease with a dark plum color to give your eye more shape and depth.
6. Softly line the top lash line for definition. I used a Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in 'Khaki' which is brownish-green in color.
7. Line the bottom lash line with a green pencil and set it in place with a leafy green eyeshadow.
8. Add mascara or false lashes if you choose. I didn't use lashes for this tutorial because I didn't want to distract from the great colors.
9. Finish the look by filling in any sparse areas on the brows. I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Medium Ash'.

Face
Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow
Concealer: Benefit Stay Don't Stray & Mac Pro-Longwear
Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (I set under my eyes with 'Incandescent' and my face with a mix of 'Dim' and 'Incandescent')
Blush: Nars 'Orgasm' topped with Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector in 'Rose Gold'
Bronzer: Nars 'Laguna'
Highlight: Laura Mercier in 'Highlight 01'

Lips
Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in 'New Lover'
Mac Lipstick in 'Viva Glam IV' 

No comments:

Post a Comment