Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Neutral Matte Eyes - Anastasia Lavish Palette Look #3

I always forget how much I love matte eyeshadows! Normally I'm drawn to the sparkly and shimmery colors, but mattes really do a much better job of creating drama and adding shape to the eye, plus they photograph gorgeously! I always use them to create the framework in my looks, but rarely will I do a completely matte eye. So here's to breaking out of the box and trying something new!



































Eyes
1. Prime the eyes to ensure vibrant, crease-proof, long lasting shadow application, I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. Blend 'orange soda' along the whole length of the crease in an arc shape.
3. Blend 'sienna' on top of the 'orange soda' to deepen the crease and add dimension. Repeat steps 2 & 3 until the desired depth and shape is achieved.
4. Pat 'cream' onto the eyelid and blend it slightly into the crease colors.
5. Line the upper lashline with a black liquid liner, I used my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in 'Trooper'.
6. Add mascara and false lashes if you wish.
7. On a thin brush, line the outer half of the lower lashline with 'sienna' and blend it out with a bit of 'orange soda'.
8. Dab a bit of 'cream' onto the browbone and to inner corners of the eyes to serve as a highlight. 
9. Finish the look by filling in the brows, I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Medium Ash'.

Face
Foundation: Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme
Concealer: Mac Pro-Longwear
Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Blush: Nars bright pink from the Guy Bourdin palette
Bronzer: Nars 'Laguna'
Highlight: Laura Mercier in 'Highlight 01'

Lips
Balm: Dior Addict Lip Glow in 'pink'

No comments:

Post a Comment