Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pretty Kitty Eyes

Here is a super wearable, quick and cute cat makeup idea for Halloween! You can absolutely go all out by painting on a nose or whiskers, but I decided to keep it simple and polished. I got my cat ears at H&M a few months ago, but I have seen them there since then and also at Forever 21. You could also make your own cat ears with some wire, beads, headband and a glue gun if you wanted to. I wore this to work today and all of the little grandmas loved it!










































Eyes
1. Prime eyelids to prevent creasing and ensure long lasting color. I used the anti-aging Urban Decay primer potion
2. Use a white pencil as an eyeshadow base and blend out the lines with your fingers.
3. Take a grey/taupe eyeshadow and blend it lightly into the crease and all the way into the inner part of the eyelid.
4. Take a darker charcoal grey shadow and blend it into the deepest part of the crease to add depth and dimension. 
5. Use a white eyeshadow all over the lid and blend it into the grey colors.
6. Add glitter on the inner  eye for some extra spunk. I used Sephora Collection Glitter Eyeliner and Mascara in 'Sassy Silver'. Note: this stuff is incredible! It comes encased in a gel-like formula so it will never fall out onto your face and make you look like a disco ball. I take all of my blog pictures at the end of the night after I have had my makeup on for at least 9hrs, so you can really see how long this glitter stays put! You can also use it over your mascara for added sparkle.
7. Line the upper lid with a black liquid liner in a very dramatic, winged out cat shape, my favorite is the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in 'Trooper'.
8. Add mascara and false lashes for a more slanted, dramatic eye shape.
9. Highlight the brow bone and the inner corner of the eye with a pearl-y shade to make it appear more awake and lifted.
10. Finish the look by filling in any sparse areas of the brow. I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Medium Ash'.

Face
Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow in 'Ceylan' applied with Beauty Blender
Concealer(s): Benefit Stay Don't Stray & Guerlain issima precious light smoothing illuminator in 'Rose 00' applied with Beauty Blender
Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in 'Ethereal Light'
Blush: Hard Candy 'Living Doll'
Bronzer: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil 
Highlight: Laura Mercier in 'Highlight 01'

Lips
Lipstick: MAC 'Creamcup'


No comments:

Post a Comment