Monday, October 14, 2013

Cranberry Eyes (Fall Inspired)

I passed the MAC counter on my way back from work last week and had to do a double take when I saw this image. It is so soft and warm and it makes me want to curl up in cozy flannels with some hot chocolate and a novel. I almost bought the shades (Cranberry & Coppering being the most important) right then and there, but I decided to go home and sleep on it and see if I already had anything in my collection that could duplicate the look. Sure enough, with the help of a deep wine colored blush, I put together this fall inspired, warm eye look. This will pop MUCH more on green eyes, so I encourage all you green and hazel eyed ladies to give this a go!

























Eyes
1. Take a warm, medium toned matte brown shadow and apply it to the crease while blending upwards to softly define your eye shape and lay down the groundwork for the rest of the colors.
2. Take any cranberry red color (mine was a Maybelline blush that is now discontinued) and place it all over the lid, blending it into the brown.
3. Use a gold/copper color on the inner corner and blend it right on top of the cranberry shade to brighten it and give it dimension. 
4. Take a dark plum or brown shade and add it just to the outer corner. Adding some darkness to balance the red tone is important because you don't want to look like your eyes are just pink and swollen.
5. Use the copper shadow on the inner half of the lower lashline and the darkest plum/brown color on the outer half of the lower lashline.
6. Finish by curling your lashes and applying mascara!
7. Frame your eyes by filling in any sparse brow areas, I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Medium Ash'

Face
Foundation: Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse
Concealer: Mac Pro Longwear Concealer
Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
Blush: Maybelline (discontinued and I can't find a name)
Bronzer: Chanel Soleil de Tan
Highlight: Laura Mercier in 'Highlight 01'


Lips
Fresh lip balms in 'Rosé' and 'Coral'

No comments:

Post a Comment