Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Warm Browns with a Pop of Blue

This look is a fun way to add a pop of color into an otherwise neutral shadow combination. Vibrant blues always make the eyes look bright and rested, but it is a wearable enough color to try for work or school. The cool blue juxtaposed against the warm brown shadows create interest and spark, making it the perfect easy look for summer.


Eyes
1. Prime the eyes to ensure long lasting shadow application and prevent creasing, I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. Draw a light champagne colored pencil on the inner two-thirds of the eyelid and top with a pearly-champage eyeshadow, I used 'Kitten' by Stila.
3. Blend a light orange/brown shadow into the crease to add definition, I used 'Orange Soda' by Anastasia Beverly Hills.
4. Deepen the outer crease with a deep, terracotta shadow, I used 'Sienna' by Anastasia Beverly Hills.
5. Dust a shimmery medium brown into the outer corners of the eyes to blend, I used 'Rum Cake' by Anastasia Beverly Hills.
6. Line the waterline (the inner rim of the eye) with a bright blue liner, I used the Contour Eye Pencil in #23 'Summer Cruise' from the Sephora Collection.
7. Blend out the lower lashline with a mix of all three of the brown toned eyeshadows.
8. Add mascara to the top lashes as well as on the outer corners of the lower lashes.
9. Finish the look by filling in the brows, I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Medium Brown'.

Face
Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow
Concealer: Mac Pro-Longwear
Powder: Hourglass Ambient in 'Ethereal' (under eyes) & Mac Careblend (face)
Blush: Nars 'Orgasm'
Bronzer: Nars 'Laguna'
Highlight: Laura Mercier Baked Highlight #01

Lips
Lipstick: Nars Velvet Gloss Pencil in 'New Lover'


No comments:

Post a Comment