Monday, April 13, 2015

Purple and Gold Eyes

Deep purples look great on everybody, and they are one of the easiest colors to experiment with if you are looking to try something other than basic neutrals. I combined the purple tones with a bright pop of champagne-gold to keep the look from being too dark, and I only shaded the outer corners of the eyes to give them a large and cat-like effect. If bright colors aren't your thing, try this elongated shadow shape in tans and browns!






















































Eyes
1. Prime the eyes to prevent fallout and ensure long lasting color application, I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. Apply a light, shimmery champagne color over the whole lid, I used 'Kitten' by Stila.
3. Apply a raspberry-purple shadow to the outer corners of the eyes only, sweeping upwards and outwards to create a winged effect, I used 'Jilted' from the Urban Decay Electric Palette.
4. Deepen the outer corners with a dark purple shadow using upward and outward sweeping motions, I used 'Urban' from the Urban Decay Electric Palette.
5. Highlight the inner corners of the eyes with a light gold, I used 'Oasis' by Stila.
6. With a black liquid liner, line your top lashes in a super thin line, then add false lashes or mascara for extra drama. I used Ardell lashes in #110. 
7. Apply a deep purple pencil liner on the outer half of the bottom lashline and a champagne-gold pencil liner to the inner half of the lower lashline. Blend at the center for fluidity.
8. Highlight the brow bone with a matte cream colored shadow.
9. Fill in the brows to complete the look, I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Medium Brown'.

Face
Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow
Concealer: Mac Pro-Longwear
Powder: Hourglass Ambient 'Ethereal' (under eyes) & Mac Careblend (face)
Blush: Milani 'Luminoso'
Bronzer: Nars 'Laguna'
Highlight: Hourglass Ambient 'Ethereal'

Lips
Liner: Palladio Herbal Lipliner 'Nearly Nude'
Lipstick: Mac 'Modesty' & 'Creamcup'
Gloss: Laura Mercier in 'Sparkling'

No comments:

Post a Comment