Monday, April 20, 2015

Special Event & Bridal Makeup


This makeup look is simple to re-create and is perfect for any special occasion or for a bride on her wedding day! It uses all neutral shades and has a delicate sculpting in the outer portion of the eye. This sculpting technique adds drama without being too dark or overwhelming, and can be done with any color combination. For the entire eye look, I used Stila's Eyes Are The Window 'Spirit' Palette. The shadows are super versatile and extremely easy to blend. The palette is also very compact, perfect if you are looking for something to travel with.



Eyes
1. Prime the eyes to prevent creasing and ensure long-lasting color payoff, I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. Shade the outer half of the crease with a matte, light brown shadow, I used 'Puppy' from the Stila Spirit Palette.
3. Draw a base over the whole lid with a champagne-white pencil and top it with a champagne eyeshadow, I used the Sephora Collection 12hr Contour Pencil in '#06 Blonde Ambition' and 'Kitten' from the Stila Spirit Palette.
4. Using a small brush, sculpt the outer crease with a deep brown shadow, I used 'Espresso' from the Stila Spirit Palette. Make sure to blend with a slight upward movement to define and open the eyes.
5. Line your top lashes with a liquid liner, making sure to keep it thin, this is just to hide the lash band. Then add false lashes for extra drama, I used an Ardell pair in #110.
6. Highlight the browbone with a matte cream shadow, I used 'Chinois' from the Stila Spirit palette.
7. Line the lower lashline with a light gold pencil and set it with shadow, I used the Sephora Collection 12hr Contour Pencil in '#07 Girl Talk' and 'Oasis' from the Stila Spirit Palette. I also added a bit of the 'Espresso' shade to the outer edge of the lower lashline to tie the look together.
8. Finish the look by filling in the brows, I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Medium Brown'.

Face
Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow
Concealer: Mac Pro-Longwear
Powder: Hourglass Ambient in 'Ethereal' (under eyes) & Mac Careblend (face)
Blush: Milani 'Luminoso'
Bronzer: Nars 'Laguna'
Highlight: Laura Mercier Baked Radiance #01

Lips
Liner: Palladio Herbal Lipliner 'Nearly Nude'
Lipstick: Mac 'Modesty' & 'Creamcup'
Gloss: Laura Mercier 'Bare Pink'


No comments:

Post a Comment