Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Purple & Black Rocker Smokey Eye

Smokey eyes with a pop of color are one of my favorite looks to create! You can do this with any color combination and it will look great. I started with standard smokey greys & blacks and then added a metallic purple to give the look an edge. Read on to find out what products I used!


Eyes
1. Prime the eyes to ensure vibrant and crease-proof color payoff; I used Benefit Stay Don't Stray.
2. Blend a light, neutral toned matte brown into the crease, I mixed 'Naked' and 'Buck' together (from the Naked 1 palette).
3. Blend a deep matte plum into the outer corners of the eye and bring it lightly into the crease, I used a shade by Ben Nye.
4. Now add your shimmery purples! I used 'Urban' & 'Jilted' from the Urban Decay Electric Palette and topped it off with a pop of Nars Cassiopeia in the center of the eyelid.
5. Take a black khol liner and smudge it along the top and bottom lashline and into the upper and lower waterline. The easiest one to use (and my favorite) is by Guerlain, I love its unique shape and blend-ability.
6. Take any satin charcoal grey shadow and blend it into the lower lashline over the khol pencil. 
7. Add mascara and false lashes, I used the Kiss Demi Wispies.
8. Finish the look by filling in the brows, I used the Anastasia Brow Wiz in 'Taupe' and set it with their clear brow gel.

Face
Foundation: Make Up For Ever Face & Body & Graftobian Glamour Cremes
Concealer: Mac Pro Longwear
Powder: Hourglass Ambient Powders (Dim, Ethereal, Diffused)
Blush: Make Up For Ever HD Cream Blush #210
Highlight: Jouer Cream Highlight (Champagne) & Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Pearl)

Lips
Lipliner: Palladio Herbal Lipliner (Nearly Nude)
Lipstick: Mac (Modesty) & Buxom (Nudist)
Lipgloss: Laura Mercier Lip Glace (Sparkling)


 What fun colors would you add into a smokey eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment