Sunday, December 21, 2014

White & Minty Christmas


I wanted to make a creative and unique Christmas look but I didn't want to do the overplayed red & green. Instead I went for bold white eyeliner accented with varied shades of mint. Of course you can pair this with a red lip if you are looking to get super festive, but I wanted a more modern approach so I went with a warm honey lip instead. 

















Eyes
1. Prime the lids to ensure long-wearing, creaseproof shadow application, I used my Mac paintpot in 'Painterly'.
2. Apply a nude shade all over the lid up to the brow bone. I used the off-white color from the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette.
3. Blend a light warm brown into the crease to add definition, I used my Smashbox Full Exposure Palette.
4. Slightly deepen the outer edge of the crease with a taupe-grey shade, this was also taken from my Smashbox Full Exposure Palette.
5. Take a white liquid liner and draw a dramatic wing, you will have to go over the line a few times to get it super white, so take your time. I used my Stila liquid liner in 'Snow'.
6. Trace the bottom edge of the white line with some green glitter, I used my NYX Liquid Crystal Liner in 'Crystal Jade'.
7. Line your waterline and lower lashline with a mint green pencil, I used my Stila Smudge Stick in 'Mint Julep' and I darkened the outer corners with Sephora's Contour Eye Pencil in 'Indulge Yourself'.
8. Add black mascara to the top lashes and a white mascara primer to the bottom lashes, I used my L'oreal Double Extend Tubing Mascara & Primer.
9. Finish the look by filling in the brows, I used my Anastasia Brow Powder in 'Medium Brown'.

Face
Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow
Concealer: Mac Pro-Longwear
Powder: Hourglass Ambient Powders in 'Ethereal' & 'Dim'
Blush: Nars 'Goulue'
Bronzer: Nars 'Laguna'
Highlight: Laura Mercier 'Highlight 01'

Lips
Lipliner: Palladio Herbal Lipliner in 'Nearly Nude'
Lipstick: Mac 'Viva Glam V'
Lipgloss: Stila Lip Glaze in 'Kitten'



















Would you ever try white eyeliner or mascara?

1 comment:

  1. I love using a white eyeliner from time to time. Not sure I would use a white mascara unless it was for a costume.

    ReplyDelete