Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Sand and Sea, a Tropical Pin-Up Look

The eyeshadow colors in this look were inspired by the tropical ocean waves, golden sands and the rich orange sunsets of an exotic island. I added a bit of shimmer to the lid to mimic the reflection of the sun dancing across the water and refracting the light.

I added the bold wing because I was wearing this look to a vintage car show and wanted to make it look a little bit pin-up inspired as well. I matched the shades in my eyes to the colors of my dress and I think it came out looking both tropical and retro!
The dress I wore that inspired the look.













Eyes
1. Prime the eyes to ensure long lasting, creaseproof shadow application, I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. Blend a light peach eyeshadow into the crease to add definition and shape. I used all Smashbox shadows for this look.
3. Pat a turquoise blue shade onto the lid and slightly up towards the crease.
4. Softly blend a darker peach shade into the crease to deepen the eye socket and blend out the edges of the turquoise.
5. Place a touch of glitter onto the center of the lid, I used Stila's Magnificent Metals shadow in 'Pixie Dust' without mixing in the liquid primer.
6. Draw on a deep wing with a liquid liner, I used my Kat Von D Tattoo liner in 'Trooper'. A good trick is to use the end of your eyebrow as a guide to tell you how far to go. 
7. Blend a mix of the blue and peach shades together and run it softly along the bottom lashline.
8. Highlight the browbone with a matte off-white shade to lift the eye and add mascara to the lashes.
9. Finish the look by filling in the brows, I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash.

Face
Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow
Concealer: Mac Pro-Longwear
Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting in 'Ethereal'
Blush: Nars Orgasm
Bronzer: Nars Laguna
Highlight: Laura Mercier in 'Highlight 01'

Lips
Lipstick: YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #16

No comments:

Post a Comment