Monday, June 16, 2014

My Skincare Secret... shhhh don't tell!

“Once upon a time, there was a book of spells found on the banks of the Seine, in Paris. Doctor Hertzog, who was renowned for his mesotherapy treatments, found a recipe in it for the youth elixir used by Queen Isabella of Hungary in the 17th century. It is said that she charmed the king of Poland, thirty-five years her junior, with her radiant complexion. The dermatologist entrusted his discovery to Mathilde Thomas, who was just launching Caudalie. In 1996, Beauty Elixir was born. And what is the recipe for this versatile natural cocktail? Benzoin to soothe the skin, myrrh to renew, rosemary essential oil to purify, lemon balm to calm and peppermint to stimulate, along with orange blossom to soften, rose for radiance and, of course, moisturizing grape pulp 
extract, Caudalie’s signature ingredient.” ~ Caudalie


Now that you know some of the history behind my skincare secret, let me tell you a little bit about how I use it and why I love it so much!

Caudalie's Beauty Elixir is a multi purpose spray, part toner and part serum mist of essential oils and plant active ingredients. It is my morning energizer, my midday pick-me-up and my nighttime de-stressor. I will spray it on my complexion in the morning & throughout the day and my favorite part is that you are actually supposed to inhale the mist as you spray it because it's revitalizing for the skin and for the body. It really does refresh me inside and out and it is something that I will always repurchase. It soothes and brightens the skin when worn alone as a treatment and it also makes foundation and powder sit more naturally when sprayed over makeup. It is formulated to smooth the skin, tighten pores and provide an instant burst of radiance, as it stimulates microcirculation.

Formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan


I really do suggest it to everyone (except if you are sensitive to plant oils) and the great thing is that it comes in two sizes, a 1 ounce bottle for $18 and a 3.4 ounce for $49, so it's affordable to try and see if you like it.


If you have tried the Beauty Elixir, or if you have your own skincare secret, let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment