Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Long Lasting Wedding Makeup

I just want to start off this post by saying that these photos were taken after 10 hours of wear with no touch-ups except for the lips. TEN HOURS!!! If that blows your mind (I was shocked too) then read on to find out my favorite products to maximize the longevity of any makeup.
long lasting wedding makeup























Wedding makeup comprises most of my business, so it is something that I am always experimenting with to be able to achieve as much perfection as possible! It is important to me that the makeup looks smooth and natural in person while still translating well in photographs. It needs to last through the day into the night and be sweat proof, cry proof and smudge proof while still being comfortable to wear. I recently visited Alcone in NYC and picked up a few items to test out, and when I combined them with my existing bridal routine I was astounded!


long lasting bridal makeup

waterproof wedding makeup


Bullet-Proof Makeup Buys:
Sonia Roselli SexApeel 
Skin prep is so important to achieve great makeup results. You will literally be able to see the dead, dry skin wipe off your face with this peel, thereby allowing the makeup to adhere to healthy, fresh skin. It is easy enough to do before any makeup application on yourself or a client, and it won't irritate your skin!

Sonia Roselli Waterbalm
This product has irrevocably changed my makeup life personally and professionally! It is a moisturizer, serum, eye cream and primer all in one (yes for real) and it hydrates even the most parched of skins without making you greasy or slick. It creates such a smooth canvas for makeup and it plays nice under every foundation (silicone & water base) that I've tried.

Makeup International SuperMatte Anti Shine
This little guy is worth his weight in gold because I feel like it almost physically prevents sweat and oil from forming on the surface of the skin! That may sound a little intense, but for bridal makeup it's exactly what you need. Just smooth a tiny bit over the t-zone and wait for it to dry before applying foundation.

Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation
I've been using this foundation since the summer time and it is dreamy! It's smoothing and hydrating and seriously long-lasting. The coverage is around medium with a very lightweight feel. It blends out perfectly has has a good range of undertones for fair skin but unfortunately lacks colors for medium to deep skin. I normally have issues with foundations rubbing off of my nose and mouth area (I always need a tissue) but this one stays put without clogging my pores!

Kryolan Dermacolor Concealer
Dermacolor concealer is and oldie but a goodie, offering amazing pigmentation and coverage plus long lasting performance. It's wonderful for covering blemishes, hyper-pigmentation, tattoos and can easily be used under the eyes with a light hand. It comes in individual pans, mini palettes and large palettes with a plethora of shades and undertones to choose from. Kryolan has been around since 1945 and is not going anywhere, so check out their brand if you're a newbie! 

Kett Sett Loose Powder
Kett loose powder is another workhorse. It is talc based and creates a smooth, budge-proof finish. Use a puff to press & roll the powder into the skin for the longest lasting result. But be wary, you only need to use a small amount or you will end up with an unattractive white haze across your visage.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder 
This powder is an old favorite and I love it for setting my under-eyes because of its smoothing properties. I use the shades 'Ethereal' or 'Diffused' because they are wonderful for brightening and they keep the concealer set without looking heavy.

Blue Marble Sealer
I've tried numerous setting sprays, Urban Decay, Make Up For Ever, Skindinavia, you name it. They helped but none of them were ever 'perfect'. Enter this gem, it creates a 'film-forming' barrier to lock the makeup in place and prevent humidity, sweat and tears from taking their toll. I will be repurchasing this spray again and again because it is bulletproof; Ben Nye Final Seal is the only other setting spray that has come close.

connecticut makeup artist

best connecticut makeup artist
Other Makeup Details:

Nars Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in 'Himalia'
Kiss False Eyelashes in 'Demi Wispies'
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in 'Medium Brown'
Make Up For Ever Brow Seal
Laura Mercier Baked Highlight in #01
Smashbox blush (discontinued)
Too Faced Chocolate Bronzer
Palladio Lip Liner in 'Raspberry'
Mac Lipstick in 'Angel'
Dior Lip Glow in 'Pink'


2 comments:

  1. Love this article, I'll be sure to pick up some of these products. One question, how did the lips stay in place so well?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie! Thanks for mentioning that! In my original facebook post where I shared this link, I'd written no touch ups except for lips and forgot to write it in the actual article lol. I'll update that now :)

      Delete