Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Delicate Baby Deer

























I love baby deer, and as a kid, whenever saw one I would try to convince my parents that we needed to bring it home and take care of it. There is just something about a little fawn, still shaky on its legs that is so beautiful and delicate, which is what I tried to convey with this look.
















Hector Espinal (a member of the Sephora Pro team) designed this face chart which inspired me to create my own version his deer. I met Hector when he certified me as a Sephora CMA artist and I started following his instagram (haus_of_eduh) right away. This week he posted a bunch of face charts for Halloween and I knew that I had to try this one out! Enjoy!






























Face
1. Apply your foundation and concealer as you normally do, for this look I used one of my all time favorite foundations, the Make Up For Ever Face & Body foundation in #38, as well as my Mac Pro-Longwear concealer in NC-15.
2. Highlight the center of the forehead, the bridge of the nose and center of the chin to define your face shape. I used my concealer for this because it's slightly lighter than my skin tone. If you have a  medium skin tone I would still highlight the face with a much lighter shade than you would normally use because you want to mimic the white areas of fur on a deer.
3. Set your foundation so it stays all day because you definitely don't want your spots melting off! I used my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in 'Ethereal'.
4. Heavily bronze your cheeks and the perimeter of your forehead until you start to turn golden brown like a deer. I used a combination of a cream bronzer (Chanel Soleil de tan) and a powder bronzer (Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess) to get the color I wanted, but any bronzer will do the trick.
5. Dip the back end of your foundation brush into a light foundation, concealer or white face paint to add the spots. White eyeliner will also work in a pinch.
6. Use a black liquid liner to draw on your little deer nose and make sure it's waterproof so your nose won't run with black. I created a flattened heart shape because I thought it was more flattering than going straight across. 

Eyes
1. Prime the eyes to ensure long lasting color and to prevent creasing. As always, I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. Take a light matte brown eyeshadow and blend it softly into the crease. Follow this up with a warmer, darker toned brown applied into the crease to deepen it. Bring this warmer brown out past the outer corners of the eye and down along the sides of the nose.
3. Pat a light beige color onto the lid and blend it into the crease to soften. I also used this same light beige as my brow bone highlight.
4. Use a liquid liner to create a super dramatic wing extending to the outer corners of the eye, almost to where your eyebrows end. I used my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in 'Trooper'.
5. Take the same liquid liner and draw on your curved bottom eye shape leaving enough space to fill it in with white pencil. Don't get frustrated with this step, just take it slow and be patient. Once you have on the black liquid and the white pencil, you can choose to set each color with their coordinating eyeshadow shade.
6. Add mascara and false eyelashes, I stacked two pairs together for a 'doe-eyed' appearance.
7. Finish by filling in your brows with your usual brow color. I flicked mine up on the inner corners to look less human and more like a little forest creature.

Lips
Line the lips with a taupe/brown eyeliner and fill in the center with white eyeliner. Add a clear gloss on top and mix it all together.

















I hope that you liked this look and please feel free to send me any photos of you re-creating this makeup as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment